The right way to get rid of blackheads.
Apart from being worried about why did you get bangs and what is the skincare routine of J.Lo, one thing that worries us more is “how the hell can we get rid of these blackheads?” Not only do they look ugly but also are unhealthy.
Every month going through the gruesome process of taking out the blackheads leaves you and your skin traumatized in many ways. So, before moving forward to how exactly you can get rid of the blackheads and prevent them from coming again and again let us understand how these creepy-looking things appear on your skin.
Experts say – “Blackheads form when the opening of a pore on your skin gets clogged with dead skin cells and oils and if the pores are open their exposure to air oxidizes them to black color.”
Now let us discuss some tips of keeping away these blackheads :
- Use Soft Cleanser (containing salicylic acid) – Salicylic acid is the most preferred ingredient for treating blackheads and whiteheads as it breaks down the factors responsible for clogged pores i.e. excess oil and dead skin cells. However skin of some could be allergic to Salicylic acid, so it's advisable to start using it once a day and after your skin gets accustomed, use it twice a day for clearer and blackhead-free skin.
- Steam your face before extracting blackheads at home – From time to time one needsto extract blackheads for which you need to loosen up and soften the debris clogged in your pores with some heat. To do so, first clean your face and apply a heavy moisturizer to keep the heat trapped on the skin. Then cover the area with plastic wrap and apply a hot damp washcloth and layer another on the top. “Layering the washcloths will ensure that the heat is retained in your skin. For safe extractions and the easiest removal, it’s important to have your skin as soft as possible.” After a few minutes remove the cloths and the plastic and start extracting the blackheads with an extractor tool.
- Clean your hands before extracting – In case you are using your hands to extract the blackheads make sure they are clean and you don’t hurt your skin in the process which leaves your skin with permanent scarring.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly – Regularly exfoliating your skin can help you get rid of the dead skin cells which in turn clogs pores and form blackheads. Rather than looking for harsh scrubs opt for alpha and beta hydroxy acids (AHAs and BHAs). Glycolic acid is the most common type of AHA and salicylic acid is a prominent BHA. Both AHA and BHA not only remove the top layer of your skin but also reduce wrinkles and age spots, all while cleansing pores and making your skin softer.
- Use clay masks – Clay masks are must-haves for oily skin. They gently help draw oils and toxins from skin which automatically unclog your pores. Use these clay masks at least once a week.
- Use a charcoal mask – Same as clay masks, charcoal masks work deep in the skin, cleaning the oils and impurities thereby leaving a clearer skin.
- 7) Never sleep with your make-up on – No matter how much tired you are there is no excuse for sleeping with make-up as it can clog your pores and invite more blackheads if left overnight.
- If nothing works see your dermatologist – In case no home remedies work, a dermatologist might suggest the best for you!
Stay Healthy….. Stay Beautiful!